In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions have the following meanings:
- “Arrival Date” means the date on which the guests stay at the hostel is due to commence, as per the booking details
- “Booking” means the reservation by the customer of accommodation and any other products and services detailed in the booking which is accepted by City Trip Hostels .
- “Booking Details” means the details of the booking including the number of guests, the number of rooms required, the duration of the guests’ stay at the hostel and any other products and/or services to be included in the booking.
- “Charges” means the charges payable by the customer in connection with the booking.
- “Contract” means the contract between the customer and
- City Trip Hostels in relation to the booking.
- “Customer” means person who makes the booking.
- “Guests” means the customer and any third parties they invite to the
- hostel in connection with the booking.
- “Hostel” means the hostel owned or operated by City Trip Hostels the
- location of which is specified in the booking.
Please note that different terms and conditions may apply in relation to all online bookings via www.citytriphostels.com and affiliated websites, depending on the accommodation or rate type selected. Please read carefully the accommodation rate details that are provided before you make your booking. You are advised to check thoroughly the rate details before making your online reservation. This agreement governs bookings made by telephone and online. When requesting bookings, customers will be required to provide identification information including, but not limited to, their name, address, contact telephone number and email address.
No request for a booking should be deemed to be accepted unless and until City Trip Hostels confirms its acceptance and provides a booking reference, at which point the contract will come into existence. Any request to change the dates or length of stay or add products and/or services will be subject to availability and the customer paying for such increased length of stay and/or products and/or services at City Trip Hostels standard rates from time to time.
- FEES AND PAYMENT
The charges will be as quoted by City Trip Hostels to the customer upon the customer’s request for a booking. Unless otherwise agreed by
City Trip Hostels , the charges only cover the provision of accommodation at the hostel and the customer may incur additional charges including, without limitation, charges for, late check in, late check out and extra cleaning costs (the “Additional Charges”). Customers will be informed of the amount of the additional charges before they are incurred.
Bookings will be subject to the customer: making payment of the charges in full in advance or paying a booking fee and/or deposit; and providing valid debit or credit card details via which payment of the charges or the balance of the charges (as the case may be) and any additional charges can be taken at check in at the hostel or at the time of booking. If not prepaid in full at time of booking the balance of the charges must be paid by the customer immediately on checking in at the hostel. Any additional charges must be paid either as they are incurred or, at City Trip Hostels’ option, upon the customer checking out at the hostel.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
City Trip Hostels accepts the following payment methods:
- SOFORT Banking
We have 2 types of rates; flexible and non-refundable. For the flexible rates cancelling your reservation is possible until 24 hours before check-in time
(3pm). If you cancel your reservation after 3pm, 24 hours before arrival, we’ll charge you the full reservation costs and taxes.
With a non-refundable rate you are not able to change or cancel your stay and thus you will be charged for 100% of the costs.
PAYMENTS & DEPOSITS
Valid credit card details are requested when making a booking in order to guarantee your reservation. A deposit is required for all hostel stays; these are payable upon arrival/check-in. A non-refundable rate will be fully charged at time of booking.
- The customer may cancel the booking without charge if notice is given to City Trip Hostels at least 24 hours prior to 3pm (local time) on the arrival date. In which case City Trip Hostels will refund to the customer all sums paid by the customer in advance.
- Where the customer has been offered a discounted rate on condition that the booking becomes non-refundable upon cancellation then, provided the customer has been informed of such condition, in the event of cancellation of the booking, all charges applicable to that booking remain payable in full.
- Where the customer fails to give sufficient notice of cancellation as mentioned above or fails to arrive (no show) at the hostel, the entire booking will be deemed cancelled and the customer must pay the hostel an amount equivalent to the charges applicable to the full reservation at the hostel.
- City Trip Hostels may at any time cancel a booking if the hostel becomes unavailable due to circumstances outside City Trip Hostels control in which case City Trip Hostels will pay the customer a full refund of any charges and any booking fee paid.
- City Trip Hostels may at any time cancel the booking if the payment details provided by the customer are invalid and the customer fails to provide alternative valid details.
- Please note: Changes in date or number of nights can lead to different rates and are subject to availability. A booking of 6+ rooms/beds is considered a group booking. For group rates and bookings, contact
- City Trip Hostels directly at email@example.com. Please note: different terms & conditions and rates apply for group bookings.
- CHECK IN AND CHECK OUT
Check-in time at the hostel is from 3pm on the day of arrival. Arriving early? no problem. You can and safely store your luggage. Check-in prior to 3pm may be available subject to prior arrangement with City Trip Hostels and subject to the full range of services and facilities at the hostel not being available until the standard check in time.
Regular check-out time at the hostel booked is 11am. Later check-out times may be possible by prior arrangement with an additional charge and subject to availability. In the absence of such prior arrangement, failure to check-out by 11 am may result in the customer being charged for a late check out. All incidental charges must be settled upon checkout. If you want to stay longer, you can always ask for availability at the hosts.
- HOSTEL RULES
- Valid photo identification in the form of a identity card, driver license or passport is required at check-in.
- Customers are required to conduct themselves and ensure that their guests conduct themselves in a reasonable and responsible manner at the hostel and must not act in any way which may disturb other guests. failure to adhere to this requirement may result in guests being asked to leave the hostel in which event all charges and additional charges shall become immediately payable by the guest.
- These are a non-smoking hostels as per Dutch law. You can have a cigarette outside. Please notice that smoking pot is also prohibited in outside public areas. We have to charge a minimum fee of €250 if you smoke inside the hostel.
- Because City Trip Hostels will be your second home, you will likely bring personal belongings to the public areas. We will do our best to keep an eye on them. The customer will be responsible for any loss or damage caused at the hostel by guests or visitor of the guest. The guest may be liable for City Trip Hostels’ reasonable cost of repairing, cleaning or replacing any property of City Trip Hostels which is damaged, soiled or lost by a guest.
- A locker is provided in all City Trip Hostels to store personal items.
- City Trip Hostels cannot be held liable for any items taken from the safe.
- Guests who are under 18 cannot stay in shared hostel
- (City Trip Hostels Pods) accommodation.
- No animals are allowed in the hostel with the exception of guide dogs.
- City Trip Hostels does not accept bookings made by those under the age of 16. Under 18’s cannot stay in the City Trip Hostels pods, however they can stay in the City Trip Hostels rooms when accompanied by an adult over 18 years. Failure to adhere to this rule will result in automatic cancellation with no refund given.
- City Trip Hostels cannot be held liable for direct or indirect damage as a consequence of the client’s use of the City Trip Hostels rooms or
- City Trip Hostels pods and public areas, including and without limitation, damages, and losses because of fire, robbery or criminal behaviour.
- City Trip Hostels cannot be held liable for death, injury to a person, loss of, or damage to any property of any person staying/visiting
- City Trip Hostels.
- City Trip Hostels cannot be held liable for any damages caused by third parties
- The person booking the reservation is responsible for any direct or indirect damage of the City Trip Hostels rooms or City Trip Hostels pods and public areas and loss of any of its contents.
- We expect everyone staying at City Trip Hostels to take all reasonable care of City Trip Hostels property. Please report any damage, loss or improper cleanliness of your City Trip Hostels room or
- City Trip Hostels pod, as we want to fix it as soon as possible to make you feel right at home. In addition, this will prevent you from being held responsible for any damage or loss during or after your stay.
- In the case of leaving your pod or City Trip Hostels or any other area on City Trip Hostels property with any damage, missing of items or heavy pollution, your credit card provided at check-in or booking can be charged for the associated costs.
- The customer agrees that City Trip Hostels is only supplying its facilities, products and services to the customer for private use and have no liability to the customer for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or loss of business opportunity.